Dr. Eynon has a 30-year career in international business development, management and consulting, and education with extensive experience and expertise in creating and managing innovative, strategic, and global initiatives and partnerships with educational, private, and public sector organizations in 14 countries. She has worked with organizations such as the OECD, World Economic Forum, Food and Agriculture Organization, and Women’s World Banking.
Dr. Eynon is a senior fellow and director of International Higher Education Initiatives at the University of Pennsylvania, Graduate School of Education. Dr. Eynon focuses on international partnerships and projects that strengthen research and institutional capacity and facilitate joint research and networking. Dr. Eynon is currently working, in partnership with the University of Cambridge, on the establishment of a Graduate School of Education at Nazarbayev University (NU) in Kazakhstan, and Princess Nora bint Abdulrahman University in Saudi Arabia. Dr. Eynon also serves as the Senior Scholar and Director of International Higher Education Initiatives of the Alliance for Higher Education and Democracy (Penn AHEAD) at Penn GSE.
Dr. Eynon is the Founder of WEE (Women-Equality-Equity) Matter, an organization committed to creating and implementing the innovative solutions necessary to ensure gender equality and women’s empowerment through education, economic development and growth, and political participation.
Prior to joining GSE, Dr. Eynon was Director for Partnerships for Social Impact at the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania where she was responsible for helping advance the School’s mission and commitment to create positive social impact through leadership development and training programs for global public, private, academic, intergovernmental agencies, and social sector organizations. Dr. Eynon also contributed to the school’s expansion in emerging countries and markets such as China, Brazil, and the Middle East.
Prior to Wharton, Dr. Eynon was the CEO and Co-Founder of a progressive international development project management firm focused on international public health and community economic development.
Research Interests and Current Projects
Dr. Eynon’s teaching and research interest focus on the relationship between gender development, economic development and growth, and education in emerging economics and democracies and the internationalization of higher education.
Areas of Expertise
- Internationalization of higher education
- Higher education in developing countries and economies
- Dynamics of higher education and development policies and practices, gender, and equity
- B.S. (Health and Physical Education, Pennsylvania Teaching Certification K-12) West Chester University, 1983.
- M.S. (Health and Physical Education) West Chester University, 1985.
- MBA (Global Management) University of Phoenix, 2000.
- Certificate Program, Economic Growth and Development and Policy, Fels Institute of Government, University of Pennsylvania, 2007.
- Ed.D. (Higher Education Management) Graduate School of Education, University of Pennsylvania, 2010.